- Our Story
- Our Work
- News & Events
- Support Us
Thank you for your interest in joining DWF.
Current employment opportunities are listed below.
We are always accepting volunteers to join our expanding roster nation-wide. Please complete the form below if you’re interested in volunteering at future events!
Summer Student Internship (Paid)
Start Date: May 2, 2020
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Status: Full-time, contract
Hours of Work: 37.5
As part of the Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund (DWF) team, the Summer Student Internship offers a unique opportunity for a post-secondary student to get a hands-on, paid summer internship spanning a wide range of skills and experiences. DWF is seeking a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for daily administrative tasks, attending outreach events, and assisting DWF program departments.
Reporting to the Manager, Executive Operations & Events, the successful candidate will join the DWF team from May 4th, 2020 until August 28th, 2020.
As DWF continues to rapidly grow and expand, a willingness to be nimble, flexible, and accommodate ongoing change is necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with Legacy School toolkit coordination and distribution
- Set up, participate in, and sell merchandise at summer outreach and community events
- Assist with outreach to third-party fundraisers to build database of Secret Path Week events
- Perform administrative tasks as requested including mail management, answering phones, and meeting general office needs
- Maintain accurate oversight of merchandise and general office inventory needs
- Support the DWF team to fulfill the annual workplan to meet departmental goals
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary program in fundraising, communications, business or other relevant field of study (or equivalency), or recent graduate
- Minimum two (2) years of current work-related experience
- High levels of accuracy, productivity and initiative are required
- High attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks consistently and effectively
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan, define measurable objectives, outcomes and meet timelines
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize multiple priorities
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on data regulations, privacy, ethical use of data, data sharing, and access management is considered an asset
- Experience with data fundraising software is considered an asset
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Office, Dropbox, internet, and general office equipment
- Current Police Record and Vulnerable Sector Check is required
Please submit cover letter and resume to Crystal Reinhard, Manager, Executive Operations & Events by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on April 10th, 2020.
Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. A Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector (if applicable) will be required at the time of offer of employment.