(Photo credit: David Bastedo, Secret Path Live 2016)
Get Started with your Own ReconciliACTION
We know that it is sometimes hard to get started with a ReconciliACTION of your own so here are a few no-cost or low-cost ideas that you can do to get started to “Do Something”.
- Visit your local Indigenous Friendship Centre - to find the one closest to you, visit www.nafc.ca
- Educate yourself on the history of First Nations People, visit the "It’s Our Time Assembly of First Nations Education Tool Kit”
- Mentor an Indigenous student - visit Indspire’s Rivers to Success: Mentoring Indigenous Youth program
- Support an Indigenous musician - visit CBC Music’s Indigenous channel to hear Indigenous artists and to find ways to purchase their music.
- Support Indigenous sports in Canada - volunteer your time and expertise to support - visit Indigenous athletes in Canada
Are you leading a ReconciliACTION in your community that you would like to share? Please email email@example.com and tell us more!