DWF Legacy Spaces
The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund Legacy Space project is an opportunity for schools, businesses, restaurants and the corporate sector to answer Gord Downie’s call to action for reconciliation, “Do something.” and to help the Downie Wenjack Fund to support further ReconciliACTION in Canada.
A Legacy Space within an organization is dedicated to reconciliation and showcases an organization’s commitment to our collective reconciliation journey. It is meant to be a space where conversations about reconciliation are encouraged and serves as a constant reminder for employees, clients and guests of your organization’s commitment to reconciliation.
In becoming a Legacy Space partner, organizations commit to;
- Being reconciliation champions and Downie Wenjack Fund ambassadors
- Providing ongoing training to staff about the story of the Legacy Room and reconciliation
- Providing information to those who come into the Legacy Room about the story of Chanie Wenjack and of the residential school system
- Being an equitable workplace for Indigenous People
- Providing an annual donation to the Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund
Establish a DWF Legacy Space
The Gord Downie & Chanie Wenjack Fund welcomes all applicants to the Legacy Space Project.
To learn more about the program, download this Information Guide (9.8 MB).
To sign up to establish your own Downie Wenjack Fund Legacy Space, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept 12, 2017
June 27, 2017
June 26, 2017
Books & Co / Lily's Cafe
June 13, 2017
Aboard a C3 Canada Ship
June 1, 2017
DareArts Gala (pop-up)
May 4, 2017
Secret Path Garden (Pop-up)
Canada Blooms, Toronto, ON
March 9, 2017